You’ve probably heard HVAC companies talk about tune up or preventative maintenance services. Do you know what happens during a tune up? Well if you’ve ever wondered what it is, or why it’s important, this article is for you!
Why Do I Need an HVAC Tune Up?
An HVAC system is a big investment. Regular maintenance or tune ups keep your system in peak condition. This means it will last longer and perform better. You’ll save money with an efficient system, and it will mostly likely last longer too. Did you know if you have a gas heating unit, regular maintenance is important to help prevent against carbon monoxide poisoning?
What Happens at an HVAC Tune Up or HVAC Maintenance Visit?
Your HVAC technician goes through a long checklist, but some common examples include:
- Testing controls and safety features to ensure they are working properly
- Lubricating moving parts to reduce friction
- Testing carbon monoxide levels
- Cleaning many parts of the system including: coils, burners, blower assembly, condensation drain, drain line and trap
- Checking for corrosion and any signs of wear an tear throughout the system
- Measuring and adjusting refrigeration levels
- Charging refrigeration
- Testing the motor for efficiency
- Tightening electrical connections
- Checking ductwork for any leaks
- And so much more!
Our HVAC technicians would be happy to discuss our checklist with you, so you have a full understanding of the work being done on your system.
How Often Should I Book a Tune Up?
We recommend two maintenance visits per year. One in the Spring to check on your A/C unit before the hot summer hits. Then, in the Fall, a check up on your furnace before Winter. This will keep your system in top shape and help identify any issues before they become a big problem. You don’t want your HVAC system to fail in extreme temperatures.
Book your tune up with us today – 330.456.3011
ABOUT A & L HEATING & COOLING
We have been serving Stark County for over 70 years and are based just 5 minutes away from the Football Hall of Fame. We are your go to Northeast Ohio heating and cooling company, offering the following services: air quality, air cleaning and scrubbing, air conditioning installation and repair, and furnace installation and repair. Contact Us today to make an appointment, or get a quote here.